HIGH 5IVE 4FITNESS is a fun day of health and wellness for the entire family! Featuring our famous BATTLE OF THE GYMS (BOTG), where Orange County’s finest fitness facilities go head to head in epic combat, we also feature a variety of Sports and Fitness activities that will entertain and challenge children and adults of all ages.
NEW this year will be a special event, BATTLE OF THE SCHOOLS. Four-person teams will represent their school in a competition specifically designed to showcase the many talents of their teachers, administrators and staff. We encourage all the students and families to show their support by coming to cheer their team while wearing their school colors! The winner gets their choice of a FREE fitness day for their school (priceless) or a $500 donation towards their PE or Health department.
The event is FREE to anyone not participating in the Battle of the Gyms, and we encourage everyone to come and test their skills early in the day so they can kick back, relax and watch the competitions!
Sports and Fitness Challenges
Our SPORTS and FITNESS CHALLENGES feature:
Longest football pass
Fastest baseball or softball pitch
Hardest tennis serve
Fastest timed soccer drill
Most basketball free throws in 30 seconds
Fastest 50-yd dash
Quickest time through Obstacle Course
Fitness Challenges: Planks, situps, pushups, pullups
Location & Cost
SATURDAY, May 12th, 2018, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Vista Hermosa Sports Park, Football Stadium
987 Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente, CA 92673
Click Here For Directions
Battle of the Gyms – Elite: $150 per team, limit one team per gym.
Battle of the Gyms – Members: $100 per team, Must already have a BOTG team registered and participants must be 18 yrs. of age or older; Maximum of four teams per Gym
Battle of the Schools: FREE (Click on tab above to register)
Sports & Fitness Challenges: FREE
Proceeds from this event help fund our year-round Nutrition and Wellness Programs, Real Food Forums and Fitness Challenges. Your participation also helps insure that our much needed awareness presentations stay FREE to local youth groups, schools, sports teams, businesses and organizations throughout southern California and our local communities. We couldn’t do it without your help and sincerely thank you for your support.
Schedule of Events
9:00am – 11:30am – Sports & Fitness Challenges Open (Obstacle course closes at 10:00 to allow for BOTG setup)
10:00am – Battle of the Schools
10:30am – Mike Katke Inspiration Award Presentation
10:45pm – Battle of the Gyms – Members Only*
11:55am – In Memoriam – Samantha Narey
12:00pm – Battle of the Gyms
1:00pm – Awards Ceremony, Closing remarks
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: We get to splash in the puddles like we did when we were kids. Fun!
Rules and Regulations
- Teams must consist of FOUR competitors, at least two must be female.
- Competitors must be owners, administrators, employees or active members of the gym they represent.
- The competition will be incorporating strength, speed, agility and endurance, in which all four team members will participate either individually or in pairs.
- Access to possible workout formats are provided to REGISTERED teams and explained at pre-event practices, at dates and times TBA.
- Registered teams for the BOTG and BOTG-Members Only should check in NO LATER than ONE HOUR prior to start time, to allow plenty of time for the athletes to warm up and get last minute instructions on the course.
- We encourage team uniforms or matching attire to identify your club or gym. A boisterous crowd of spectators in the stands full of club members wearing your team colors is always a fun way to get promote team spirit and get your membership involved!
Our first and foremost goal is for everyone to have FUN. So smile, laugh and enjoy yourselves. The purpose of this event is raise money and awareness in order to provide a healthier and happier tomorrow for our kids, so as far as we’re concerned, everyone’s a WINNER! Thank you for your participation!